PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Through My Lens

Troy Lim
07-18-2011, 08:23 PM

4 different shot taken in Portrait mode. Stitched together and converted to B&W for the dramatic look.
Hope you like it.

Camera Nikon D3S
Exposure 0.05 sec (1/20)
Aperture f/8.0
Focal Length 24 mm
ISO Speed 160
Exposure Bias 0 EV

Dave Mills
07-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Hi Troy, I really like what you did with this. There is a dramatic graphic quality to the image which is enhanced by an interesting sky. The composition is also well divided. I was able to straighten the lean on the end buildings by mildly using the lens correction tool in CS5.. Overall nicely handled!!..... OOPs I reposted the original and deleted the corrected version. If so desired play with the tool...

Troy Lim
07-19-2011, 06:34 AM
Dave,

Can you tell me what you did in the lens correction filter? What settings?
Thank you.

Rachel Hollander
07-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Troy - nicely done. I like the b&w conversion and treatment here. Nice job on the stitching.

TFS,
Rachel

Dave Mills
07-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Troy, go to the custom section and gently play with the vertical bar.

Roman Kurywczak
07-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Hey Troy,
Been away so sorry for the late reply. I generally don't mind perspective lean.......so no big deal for me but I did +3 on the vert. Sometimes I feel it even adds to the scene but as you can see.....there can be debate on that and I'm OK if you leave it.
I do think if you select just the skyline and tweak both the levels and brightness/contrast.....to bost some of the duller tones.....it gives it more depth. I reposted pretty agressively to show you an example but as usual.....you can tweak it to your tastes. Finally, I cropped. I didn't feel the LH side sky and clouds peeking in added. You could clone/patch them out.....and that too would work......but hope this at least gives you a few ideas. Let me know your thoughts on the repost as I think the OP comp was very good and all I did was tweak it!

dankearl
07-19-2011, 02:50 PM
I really like the exposure and the DOF.
Water, sky and buildings all look great.
Dave's repost correcting the lean does look better, but I don't mind the original at all.

Robert Amoruso
07-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Troy,

For this image I feel correcting the lean is the way to go. Great looking graphic quality to the image.

Troy Lim
07-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Thank you Roman and Dave for the repost. Roman, I do see more pop on yours.
Thank you guys for the idea, I will do more tweaking and correct the distortion.

Troy Lim
07-21-2011, 09:28 PM
I fixed the distortion and give a bit more contrast but decided to keep the crop. The reason is because of the low building on the right hand side. If I crop it half way through, then it would not complete the skyline of how I saw it.
Thanks again guy.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6131/5962466853_47e61405e6_b.jpg