PDA

View Full Version : Let the fun continues for the mountain goat kids

Tin Man Lee
07-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Inspired by Nancy's recent amazing post of mountain goat nanny carrying her kid at her back, I looked back at the photos I took at Mount Evans two weeks ago and saw this, and wondered if this was the same playful mountain goat kid being carried by the nanny which was captured by Nancy.

Anyway it sure was fun to see them. The photo was taken in early morning before the sun shined on the rock. The color temp feels quite cold but it kind of resembles what I saw that morning.

1D Mark IV, 70-200 II, ISO 800, f5.6, 1/800s

Marc Mol
07-19-2011, 04:48 AM
A wonderful platful moment well depicted here TM.
Good detail in the fur plus the lichen covered rocks, wondering if they were really that pink colour?
TFS

Steve Kaluski
07-19-2011, 05:24 AM
Hi Tin, I really like this for it's simplicity and fun. :cheers:

Processing and colour looks good, although I would back off any sharpening on the rocks.

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
07-19-2011, 06:29 AM
Another fun behavior shot, well handled. Amazing how they really balance on one foot despite the added weight of the second kid. Good suggestion about the rocks above.

TFS,
Rachel

Nancy Bell
07-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Long live the Mountain Goats! There is no way one can walk away from this experience without 100's of images. This one is darling, of course.

Tin Man Lee
07-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Thank you for all your comments! I will pay attention not to sharpen the rocks.
Yes indeed, Nancy. They just put on a show to us. They are so playful. It's the first time I used up my 32GB card every single day in the 3 days I was there. It's just nonstop actions and I would wait till I go home to pick which ones I like most.

Morkel Erasmus
07-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Another wonderful behavioural shot from these guys! They sure must be a treat to watch and photograph.
I hear what you're saying regarding staying true to the colours you witnessed, but I do wonder if backing down in the blue/cyan channel won't lift this a bit, revealing more coat detail on the young ones? :e3

Steven Kersting
07-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Unusual for me, but I actually like the color cast to this shot. It imparts a feeling of cold which I find rather appropriate for the subject/setting.
Crazy funny behavior!

Tom Redd
07-20-2011, 01:25 AM
Tin, great capture. Both are in good focus and you pulled the trigger at the right time. Glad you enjoyed your time here and were able to come away with such nice shots.

gail bisson
07-20-2011, 06:34 PM
What a great shot. It is so fun and playful. I like the cool colors as it accurately depicts their cold mountain environment. The cuteness factor is a 10 out of ten. detail in the fur is excellent,
Gail

Steve Canuel
07-21-2011, 01:17 AM
Nice timing on this capture. Color looks accurate to my experience. Could use an overall touch of NR and some selective blurring of the rock for my taste but I admittedly prefer softer looking pics.

DanWalters
07-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Great interaction! Really nice timing to get the one on the others back.

Arthur Morris
08-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Tin Man, Light, action, EXP and sharpness all perfect. This is a great image!

Tin Man Lee
08-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Thank you, Artie, for your encouraging words. It means a lot to me!
Very nice to meet you at the Florida birding photo fest few months back. Really enjoyed your talks and the Alligator Farm outing.

Arthur Morris
09-23-2011, 08:10 AM
It was great meeting you. I love Happy Campers.