PDA

View Full Version : Too many Donuts, not enough Lift

Larry Hitchens
01-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Here's a Long-Tailed Duck (Formally called Oldsquaw) trying to take off Stay tuned
flight image follows tomorrow.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-04-2008, 02:45 PM
The duck certainly doesn't look undernourished. :) I like the idea and could see this as a pano crop.

Larry Hitchens
01-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Can you elaborate. FYI I also have the duck in flight ------it did finally make it up in the air
and looks quite graceful flying.
Thanks
Larry

Axel Hildebrandt
01-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Can you elaborate. FYI I also have the duck in flight ------it did finally make it up in the air
and looks quite graceful flying.
Thanks
Larry

Sorry for being unclear. I'm wondering if the image would be more powerful if you crop some off top and bottom.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-04-2008, 06:23 PM
I like the repost even better. I look forward to the other images in this series.

Arthur Morris
01-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Like the crop but looks a bit washed out to me. You can darken the whole thing with the mid-tone slider in Levels, or add some Black to the Blues in Selective Color, of move the Lightness slider in Hue/Sat to the left. Then maybe a small Curves adjustment to give it a bit more pop.

later and love, artie

Maxis Gamez
01-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi Larry,

I think you did well capturing the bird taking off. However, looks over exposed. If you photographed this bird in RAW, you can use curves to tone down the highlights.

Larry Hitchens
01-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Like the crop but looks a bit washed out to me. You can darken the whole thing with the mid-tone slider in Levels, or add some Black to the Blues in Selective Color, of move the Lightness slider in Hue/Sat to the left. Then maybe a small Curves adjustment to give it a bit more pop.

later and love, artie
Thanks Artie,
I like this version much better, flight shot follows tomorrow
Larry

Arthur Morris
01-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Much better on the punch but I liked the tighter pano crop better. I am heading to bed! Been at this too long today.

later and love, artei

Larry Hitchens
01-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Much better on the punch but I liked the tighter pano crop better. I am heading to bed! Been at this too long today.

later and love, artei
Artie,

As always you are correct the Pano is the better version sooooo here tiz.
Thanks for the help.
Larry