07-18-2011, 07:27 AM
Dear All

Photographed this Fan Throated Lizard in my home town , Aurangabad last year

7D , 300/F4 at F5.6 , 1/500 , ISO 400
All C & C are most welcome
Harshad

Brendon Cremer
07-18-2011, 08:43 AM
Lovely image Harshad, nice colours and brilliant bg. Would have prefered if more of the lizard was in the frame and the main focus point seems to be on the neck as the eye and scales around the yes seem to be a little soft.:S3:

Rachel Hollander
07-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Harshad - I might take a little off the lhs and agree that this doesn't seem as sharp as your usual images. Pleasing bg and colors.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
07-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Gorgeous colours on this guy...I agree with Brendon that the point of critical focus seems to be the neck. At this size a little sharpening on the face should sort it out :c3:

Robert Amoruso
07-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Good saturation on the colors and excellent BG. Agree on the sharpness suggestions.

David Stephens
07-18-2011, 04:00 PM
I like the crop and focus on the brilliant colors. I love the creamy bokeh, but your DOF was so shallow that you lost a little sharpness on the eye, although the "fan" is perfect.

Steve Canuel
07-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Great colors and a nice proud pose by this guy. I can see the distinction between the pupil and eye color and might experiment with bringing that out a little more for added contrast/lightening of the eye.

Marc Mol
07-19-2011, 04:41 AM
Love the BG and overall colour here Harshad, agree on some sharpening where it matters.
TFS

Tin Man Lee
07-19-2011, 12:13 PM
Beautiful moment you captured here! Love the expression and pose a lot. I think it's quite difficult to compose a lizard photo as the tail is long and its hard to find a good point to crop, unless its a head shot. But I like how it is now. Agree on one more round of sharpening on the eye. Lovely background.

Fred Canter
07-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Love the pose and great color, would like to see a little more of the tail but do understand these guys don't ever do what we want them to do. Agree on the sharpening around the eye with everyone else. Also, I don't know this species so I'm not sure on the eye color, but maybe some lightening of the eye some would bring out the color more. Again, I don't know this species but a lot of lizards have brilliant coloring in the eye when the lights strikes them the correct way.

Tom Redd
07-20-2011, 01:28 AM
Harshad, I really like this. Wonderful colors on the subject and the lighting is right. I agree with what has already been said about the sharpening. TFS

Dumay de Boulle
07-22-2011, 04:26 AM
Great textures Harshad, and it really pops from that great BG!

Sachin Saraf
07-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Beautiful capture Harshad...Nice to see that these guys are still around in our region.