PDA

View Full Version : World Heritage Windmill Park Kinderdijk

Inge Schepers
03-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Hi everyone,

Today I visited the World Heritage Windmill Park in Kinderdijk. Although I have lived in The Netherlands (a.k.a. Holland) all my life, I have never seen that many windmills!

The image I am posting is one of my favorites, although I took many others. Image info: Canon EOS 30d camera with Tokina 12-24mm F4 DX lens. Aperture: F14, shutter speed: 1/60 sec. Focal length: 24mm. Slightly cropped to remove a little water tower at the far left of the photo that looked a little bit distractive.

I am hoping that the colors come across correctly. I recently calibrated my monitor and made sure to export the photo as RGB. I hope that does the trick...

Inge

Roman Kurywczak
03-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Hi Inge,
I like the lines that you have presented in this image and you also have some stunning clouds. I would have liked to see a little more of the right side grasses if it was an island as it would have made a long sweeping u shaped view. You can also alternately clone some of the grasses out to achive the same effect. The mid section of the image with the windmill and buildings is a little dark on my monitor but you should be able to bring it up a little. Overall, a very pleasing image,
Roman

Bob Ettinger
03-29-2008, 11:58 AM
A nice image but like Roman, I find the mid section dark on my monitor

Inge Schepers
03-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Hi again,

Thanks for the quick replies. I tried to lighten the image up a little without blowing the highlights in the clouds and the grasses. It is a little bit lighter. How do you think it looks now, better? I don't think I can lighten it up much more, unless I can find a way to select only certain parts. I'm not that good at using Photoshop yet. :)

Inge

Roman Kurywczak
03-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi Inge,
I like it better. Try Shadow highlights (be careful that the color correction amount isn't too high as it may make your colors off , so make it zero for comparison purposes) and play with the radius and amount to see if it works better.....but again, much better,
Roman

Alfred Forns
03-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Hi Inge Gave it a try an worked it Converted to LAB color for the adjustment to preserve the color balance Also selected the clouds and did some local contrast changes (very subtle)

I like the image very much !!!

Inge Schepers
03-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Wow, that looks so much better. I was going to see if I could find some info on the web on how to get an ND grad filter effect in Photoshop. Looks like you already made that happen. :) Now, if only I could figure out exactly what you did. But I'll play around with it a lot more and see what I can come up with. I won't give up until it looks like the version you posted!

Thanks again, everyone.

Inge

Robert Amoruso
03-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Composition of the image works very well. I like Alfred's processing.

Gayle Clement
03-29-2008, 08:30 PM
This is a wonderful image. Al's processing was just the touch it needed.

Gus Cobos
04-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Very nice composition Inge, like the old windmill and and the gracefull river flowing around it.

Congrats...:D