View Full Version : Gulf Fritillary

Allen Sparks
07-17-2011, 11:16 PM
Canon 7D, 70-200 f2.8 II, 2x TC III, monopod
ISO 400, f14, 1/1000s, EC -2/3

Dave Leroy
07-18-2011, 08:46 AM
An excellent looking shot.

I really like the full broadside of the butter fly and how you were able to get all of the flower in with no distracting elements. Nice clean bg as well.

It looks like there are lots of fine detail but as not quite as sharp as it might be. I am curious to see other comments on this as it may just be me.

Very well done.

Dave

OvidiuCavasdan
07-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Beautiful Bf and colors. Good pose and I like the composition. Sharpness looks good to me. I like the BG very much. Well done.

Steve Maxson
07-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Hi Allen. This is a beautiful specimen giving you a nice pose. Ken will appreciate that you got both antennas sharp. :S3: I like the clean background and the slight diagonal of the comp. The sharpness looks good to me on the lower half of the butterfly. The upper part of the wings are just a bit softer - and I probably wouldn't have even noticed except for Dave's comment above. You might consider a little more selective sharpening there, but this is a very minor point. Overall, this is very well done.

Roman Kurywczak
07-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Hey Allen,
Sharpness looks pretty good on this end too although it may be just slightly out.....judging form the sharpest parts of the stamen. BG is great and nicely works with the other colors so perhaps just another USM round will do the trick. Might do a bit of eye DR. work too to give it that last bit of pop!