PDA

View Full Version : French Church, Interior View

Dave Mills
07-17-2011, 08:33 PM
Had a great trip to France and thought I would try and make some interesting compositions in various churches i visited. Many of the church images I shot as HDR's but in this case I was there at the right time(for a change) and had some side light coming through a window which gave the alter mostly even lighting.
Nikon D300,17-85mm,1/8 sec,F/22,ISO 400

dankearl
07-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Nice, Dave, at first I thought it needed straightening, but it is kind of an illusion as I can see it is straight.
The ABC'S of Europe, Another Beautiful Church.
I think I read you were in the Dordogne, and I completely agree, the nicest part of France.
Just medieval and magical.
I have stayed in Beynac, Rocamader, Sarlot, just a great place to visit.
I am sure you took some landscapes, can't wait to see them.

Dave Mills
07-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Hi Dan, I made it to Beynac and Sarlot but missed Rockamader this trip. I was there about 25 years ago and it was raining. Thats my description of the Dordogne also...medieval and magical. Spent a week out of the 3 in that region and could of spent the whole time there. Always something left for the next trip.

Rachel Hollander
07-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Dave - glad to hear you had a good trip and looking forward to seeing more of your images from it. I like the patterns in this one from the floor, to the seats, columns, paintings, etc. Nicely seen.

TFS,
Rachel

Roman Kurywczak
07-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Hey Dave,
Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing some more images! I like the symmetry on this although I would crop out the darker step on the lower frame edge. Nicely done!

Andrew McLachlan
07-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Hi Dave, glad to hear you had a great trip! Beautiful church here. I like the comp very much. Agree with Roman on taking some off the bottom. I might evict the gladiola stem that looks like it has fallen over in the floral arrangement too. Nice work!

Bob Miller
07-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Dave....I like the symmetry and light....nice sense of place to this!