PDA

View Full Version : Colorful Mosswood Farm Store

Cheryl Slechta
07-17-2011, 05:06 PM
This is a 5 iimage HDR of a wonderful store in downtown Micanopy - Mosswood Farm Store - all natural and homemade items and yummy food:S3: I used the grunge setting to emphasize the colors and slightly increased the saturation.
Thanks for looking. Comments and suggestions appreciated.

denise ippolito
07-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Cheryl, I like the details and the composition, I might try to tone down the plants just a hair so that the door becomes more of your focal point. Love the look and feel of this one- nice job!:S3:

Dave Mills
07-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Hi Cheryl, Electric!! but I like the comp and exaggerated colors. It feels Caribbean to me.

Indranil Sircar
07-17-2011, 07:27 PM
This is excellent, Cheryl. Really like the vibrant colors here. Agree with Denise on toning down the plants a bit. Excellent processing.

Judy Howle
07-17-2011, 09:35 PM
I love the colors and tropical feel of the place. It looks very inviting. Nice HDR processing! I agree about toning down the plants a bit. The palm anyway :S3:

Cheryl Slechta
07-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks everyone - here is a toned down plant version - any better?

Bob Miller
07-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Hi cheryl...i usually don't care for the grunge look but this really works for me! Nice work! I do think the repost is better but you might consider toning down the plants on the Lhs some more

Jim Neely
07-18-2011, 08:25 PM
The repost is good, but I also liked the original. The whole image really pops.

jn

denise ippolito
07-18-2011, 10:00 PM
Looks nice Cheryl.:S3:

Cheryl, I just realized the theme for the week was vibrant colors! Considering the theme I would say your OP is a perfect fit-sorry!!

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
07-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Cheryl,

Greetings. Usually, this type of processing is not to my taste but I really like this one (the OP). It's a tour de force of contrasting colors, very cool. I'm actually partial to the look of the fern in the OP.

One thing you might try is brightening up the top part of the roof just a bit, it gives the impression of being in a shadow. And if I were to pick something just a bit over in color it would be the little green plant at the bottom, middle, left.

In any event, the OP works well as it is for me. Good show!

Cheers,

-Michael-

Brendan Dozier
07-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Good job on the HDR grunge processing on this, Cheryl. What I think is cool about this one, is the image almost looks like a miniature with the effect. Good subject choice for HDR - interesting and fun. Nice job!

Cheryl Slechta
07-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. I think I'll rework it one more time. I wasn't a big fan of the grunge look either but my little town of Micanopy lends itself well to the treatment:S3:

Roman Kurywczak
07-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Hey Cheryl,
Repost works for me! A great HDR subject for sure!!!

Glenda Simmons
07-20-2011, 02:17 PM
I like this, alot, Cheryl. It gives me incentive to stop and explore your little piece of the world, the next time I make it to the Prairie.

Anita Bower
07-20-2011, 04:52 PM
This image pops of the monitor! Love the HDR and bright colors. In the OP I'd like to see the bright yellow area below the sign toned down as it draws my eye, and the green plants to the left a bit less fluorescent. Nice vibrant image! As someone wrote, it does look Caribbean. I had to look to see where you live.

Andrew McLachlan
07-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Cheryl, I love it! Micanopy looks like a very cool town from the images you have posted from there.:S3: