PDA

View Full Version : Livin' By the Tracks

geothomas
03-29-2008, 10:48 AM
D300, 500/4, ISO 800, Manual Metering

This pair has a very nice nest fairly close to the little railroad tracks at Gatorland. Mike has been very kind to allow us
access from a unique viewpoint to make such captures. I'm feeling like I'm going to love this years breeding season !!!

Comments/Critiques appreciated.

Leroy Laverman
03-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Very nice symmetry in this shot. Good of them to pose so nicely for you. Love the background but I'm not sure about the foliage in the LLC. Would be curious to see what it looked like with it cloned out. It might make the image unbalanced though.

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Really like this image and the beautiful mating colors and contrasts. I do not find the foliage in the LLC a big distraction but I do feel it would be an even stronger image with out it. Your timing was perfect and excellent exposure .

Del Cockroft
03-29-2008, 11:43 AM
I like this image a lot.............quite unusual to get birds in tandem. The foliage is not a huge distraction so you could always remove it and see what you think?

Kaushik Balakumar
03-29-2008, 01:24 PM
absolutely lovely image.
liked the similar poses of the two individuals.
lovely background to go with.

Stephen Stephen
03-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Beautiful image here. The mating colours and psoition of the birds really make this photo.

Sid Overbey
03-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Stunning. I really like to green BG against the birds. Great shot.

Arthur Morris
03-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Agree on lovely and would get rid of the sharper stuff in the llc in an instant if it were mine. Nobody has mentioned that head of the front bird is turned slightly away from you when it needed to be turned slightly towards you (to the exact same degree as the rear bird would have been perfect). This would have made the symmetry much more powerful. None-the-less, this is a very nice image.

later and love, artie

Steve Maxson
03-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Beautiful image - I really like the symmetry, and you got them both in sharp focus. I agree about cloning the in-focus vegetation in the lower left corner. I don't have an issue with the slight difference in head angles - it looks to me like they are both focusing on exactly the same thing (say, an egg in the nest or ??) and thus the different head angles make perfect sense (to me, at least). :)

Arthur Morris
03-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Yes, they may be looking at the same thing, but had the two birds' heads been on the exact same plane, slightly turned toward the photographer, the mirror image effect would have made the photo that much more powerful (IMHO).

later and love, artie

Ed Erkes
03-29-2008, 07:27 PM
I like this one a lot. No nits from me!

Juan Carlos Vindas
03-29-2008, 10:35 PM
A great image, they seem so concentred in what they are doing.

Rich Ikerd
03-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Most excellent image George. Perfect lighting and beautiful subjects. Can't wait to see some of the "beautiful" kids as well.

Philip Pietri
03-30-2008, 06:51 PM
Excellent photo! This could be one of the best Great Egret shots I've seen on this forum! I love how the lores compliment the bg so well.

Diane Chenault
03-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Beautiful image. Love the position of the birds, light & that of course makes the color so pretty. I kin of like that stuff in the lower left as it looks like the birds are looking at it.