PDA

View Full Version : Mushrooms

Mark Fuge
07-15-2011, 02:24 PM
These were growing in the neighbor’s lawn the past week. I waited until they had started to die, to catch the colors and texture of the mushrooms.

Modifications in PS4 and Topaz included; Topaz Adjust 4,Topaz Lens Effects, Cutout, Craquelure and other normal image processing.

Enjoy!

Cheryl Slechta
07-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Mark, I love the rich colors and the filtering you used. It reminds me of a tapestry. Nicely done:S3:

Indranil Sircar
07-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Beautiful composition, Mark. I too love the rich colors here. I am not certain about the craquelure texture on the mushrooms. But a very nice composition even otherwise. Nicely done.

denise ippolito
07-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Mark, I like this but I think the craquelure texture on the front and back mushroom may be too heavy. Neat look to this one.:S3:

Nancy Bell
07-16-2011, 08:30 AM
This has a very "earthy" feel to it, dark browns and rugged textures. Perfect for mushrooms. I agree with Denise about a bit too much texture on the front and back 'shrooms.

Christopher Miller
07-16-2011, 06:24 PM
I like this one a lot, Mark. As Nancy said, it has a perfect "earthy" texture and feel to it. The leftmost mushroom is rather close to the edge, and I might remove the light spot in the BG. Well done!

Mark Fuge
07-16-2011, 11:04 PM
Thanks all for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

I went past the mushrooms today, on the way to get the mail, and they were all beyond being photogenic. So I timed it right. :w3

There are mushrooms just off the left border, so I didn't want to have them hanging in. I could have expanded the canvas, but the grass pattern would have been hard to maintain. Not that much time this week to spend on it. As for the light area in the top, I considered it, but it is another mushroom and I thought it was worth keeping. I can see the mushroom, as I know what it is. Maybe it should have gone, but ... :2eyes2:As for the craquelure ... ???? Thought about it, but seemed to fit at the time. Some will and some won't. But I do appreciate the comments. I thought of all of them and ... well, this is the final vision! :w3 :bg3:

Kerry Perkins
07-17-2011, 12:25 AM
Mark, I love this. Nice painterly look and textures. Has an old-time illustration look that I like a lot. Well done!

Mark Fuge
07-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks Kerry for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.