PDA

View Full Version : Menace in the Sky

Christopher Miller
07-14-2011, 08:47 PM
I had some time to work on a few mini-worlds this week of which this one was my favorite. I took a cloud photo, flipped it, and then created a mini-world out of it. I then applied a variety of adjustment layers to increase contrast and change the colors, added a vignette to darken the edges, and added some light rays.

Brendan Dozier
07-14-2011, 09:12 PM
This is super cool, Christopher, and very creative. Love the glowing light behind the clouds and the light rays and vignette are a great touch. Nice title and dark mood to this, the light seems like it could be moonlight. Very nicely done!

Judy Howle
07-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Very creative Christopher! I like the colors and the glow behind the clouds. Very "otherworldly".

Kerry Perkins
07-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Christopher, this is a very different image from you and I like it a lot! I'm a huge fan of flipped sky images - they remind me of Rorschach ink blot images. :c3: My mind has a field day with clouds like these. Very nicely done!

Maureen Allen
07-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Beautiful flip, Christopher. Agree with Kerry on the Rorschach look. The glow from behind the clouds is wonderful.

Julie Kenward
07-15-2011, 07:39 AM
Another thumbs up from me, Christopher! I love how that top portion of cloud looks like a giant bird flying overhead. The colors of the BG really add to the denseness of the image and the ethereal feel of the piece. Nicely done!

denise ippolito
07-15-2011, 07:49 AM
Christopher, Very nice and I like that you created something completely different than the norm for a mini-world. Love the colors and the mood!

Nancy Bell
07-15-2011, 08:40 AM
This brings to my mind the "Big Bang" theory of the creation of the universe. A mini-world to a macro world! Very creative!

Paul Lagasi
07-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Way cool, I think I see Skelator in there somewhere, a sign of a successful image is when different people, see different things when viewed. Very nice colors and effects...TFS

Indranil Sircar
07-15-2011, 09:47 PM
This is excellent, Christopher. Love the color and effect of the vignette. Very ethereal.... nicely done.

Christopher Miller
07-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks a lot, everyone! I appreciate it. :S3: