PDA

View Full Version : Brown Hare

Jonathan Ashton
07-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Canon 7D Canon 500mm f4 L IS ISO 400 +0.47 1/640 f8
I used the car as a hide for this shot, I had just been taking some shots of hares rubbing noses so I wanted to try to optimise quality and DOF, when the action started I didn't have the chance to alter the settings, ideally I would have had a faster shutter speed but I and the hares didn't run at an optimal angle for me but I am reasonably happy with this, but I'll be back!!
All C & C welcome.

Rachel Hollander
07-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Jonathan - Agree with your self-assessment but still a fun image. Always tough to change on the fly. Great bulging eye.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
07-15-2011, 07:24 AM
Well done Jonathan, they certainly don't hang around. These guys have been taunting me whilst photographing the Little owns.

Agree the angle is not ideal as it moving away and at an angle, but I do quite like the face the eye is sharp, but you have the blurred movement in the paws. I would ease off the Contrast, then add some more Brightness/Saturation and some select USM on the head, gives a nice pop and that eye will ping.

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
07-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Steve thanks for the comments I did in fact do the eye as suggested and I also brightened the hare - maybe it just needs a bit more - I will have another go, the problem was the hare was so much darker than the grass due to the light angle.

Steve Kaluski
07-15-2011, 11:06 AM
I think you would be surprised in what you have there Jonathan, it's not that dark and a little tweak and it will certainly 'pop' .

Drop me a line and I can email or repost if this helps. :w3

cheers
Steve

Morkel Erasmus
07-17-2011, 12:57 PM
This is great Jonathan! :5 Not an easy shot.
Ditto the less-than-ideal angle, and I would like to see what you come up with after Steve's suggestions.

Austin Thomas
07-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Nicely done Jon. I agree with your self critique and I am looking forward to see the repost following Steves inputs.

Cheers

Austin