PDA

View Full Version : Deadly Viper.

bhavya joshi
07-14-2011, 01:03 AM
One of the most deadly venomous snake of India..SAW SCALE VIPER..(Echis carinatus)
It is the smallest member of the big four snakes. The Saw-scaled viper is one of the species which are responsible for causing the most snake bite cases and deaths due to various factors such as their frequently occurrences in high populated regions and their inconspicuousness nature
Size ranges between 38 and 80 cm in length, but usually no more than 60 cm,..The color-pattern consists of a pale buff, grayish, reddish, olive or pale brown ground color, overlaid middorsally with a series of variably colored, but mostly whitish spots, edged with dark brown, and separated by lighter interblotch patches
The venom of Echis species consists mostly of haemotoxin. The genus is recognized as medically significant in many tropical rural areas. They are widespread and live in areas that lack modern medical facilities. Most victims are bitten after dark when these snakes are active..
With Canon 550D, 18-55mm
F: 5.6
ISO: 200
Built up flash, Hand held
Little more crop because its necessary to take some distance from this snake of 6 FT.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/264842_243572365672827_100000601962672_947495_5922 774_n.jpg

Roman Kurywczak
07-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Hey Joshi,
I like the comp here and given they like to come out at night.....don't mind the dark BG. Good move to take this from further away too! I would try to bring up the lower section of the forked tounge......just a bit to give it more seperation from the BG. Nicely done overall!

Dave Leroy
07-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Well that is quite the story about these snakes. Good for you to get the shot and still stay a safe distance away.

If mine I might take a bit off the right side to just past the two little green spots. Good eye about the forked tongue.

Dave

Steve Maxson
07-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Hi Joshi. Thanks for including the biological information - this sounds like a snake to be wary of. I like the low shooting angle and you have good sharpness. Also, the extended tongue adds interest. I would agree with Roman's suggestion about the tongue and Dave's thoughts about the crop. I might also suggest cloning some of the flash-generated spectral highlights. :S3: Overall, this is well done.

christopher galeski
07-16-2011, 04:24 AM
nice deadly snake,agree with comments above,thanks.

OvidiuCavasdan
07-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Nice shot, hope you were at a safe distance. I would liked to see a bit more of the body ( if this was possible) and less space on right.

Allen Sparks
07-17-2011, 11:31 PM
nice focus on the eye and body. Agree about cropping some to the right. very interesting image to me as I really like snakes.

bhavya joshi
07-18-2011, 02:09 AM
Thanks Everyone.. For comments.. I intensely make more breathing space to look different composition.. As i mentioned that This snake is 6 or 7ft far away.. so Little more crop is necessary.. therefore I choose the only half part of snake especially head part and more breathing space.. If I am wrong with my composition let me know.:S3: