PDA

View Full Version : Rays of Light at Tiny Marsh

Andrew McLachlan
07-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Here is the last in the recent Tiny Marsh series. For this image I used a Cokin Blue-Yellow polarizing filter and 2-stop grad filter. In ACR I adjusted the white balance and tint to make the image more 'realistic' I generally don't like the Blue-Yellow filters, but think every now and then they do have there place. I should ditch the Cokin and get the Singh Ray version.

I will be away for a week or so now. See you soon!

Look forward to comments.

Nikon D200
Nikon 80-400 VR lens
ISO 100
f16 @ 0.3 sec.
Cokin Blue-Yellow Polarizer
Singh Ray 2-stop grad filter

Roman Kurywczak
07-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Hey Andrew,
That is one filter I really haven't toyed with. I really like the rays and my only suggestions are to either crop out the light band (my preference) at the top of the RH frame edge and perhaps take a bit off the FG.....again to take the horizon a bit more off center and keep the focus on the sky. I often find that images without a large FG focal point.....work very well as pano's! All in all, this may be my favorite of the series.

Jay Gould
07-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Agree with Roman. And, as is, it is lovely.

dankearl
07-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Another one I like a lot.
Nice job with a telephoto!
Again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Rachel Hollander
07-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Andrew - very nice. I like the rays and also how the trees are more defined in this one, I also like the additional grasses in the fg here. Very pleasing image.

Hope you have a good trip.

Rachel

Hilary Hann
07-14-2011, 11:26 PM
I like the patterns made by the reeds against the pink reflection in the water and the rays of light coming down. I like the layers of the sky, the bank of the lake then the darker reeds then the patterns of the reeds. Steph Hann

Dave Mills
07-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Hi Andrew, IMO the reed patterns are a very compelling element to the image and captured my interest immediately. The use of filters are well handled and I like the placement of the cloud opening along with the rays of light beaming through the center. Nicely done!

Andrew McLachlan
07-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the comments folks. Very much appreciated!