Saw this guy in Australia and backlit him with some off camera flash
Nikon d-300
Tamron 90 mm Macro
1/250 sec at f16
ISO400
All comments welcome!

Hilary Hann
07-14-2011, 01:04 AM
I've always liked these kinds of images, well seen and executed. Would have been almost perfect if you had a little more leaf in the bottom rh corner, but a pleasing image all the same.

Steve Kaluski
07-14-2011, 02:22 AM
An interesting concept Bob, and I like the departure of what we normally see here. :S3:

I would agree with Hilary about having continuity of the leaf bottom RHC as you eye does get drawn to the black/darker area. I might also suggest perhaps lightening the leaf only a bit, in Levels and giving the leaf a bit more vibrancy perhaps, although this might not convey the same feeling? If you get another chance would also try the leaf at more of an angle so the main stem creates a stronger diagonal as the Gecko crses it as you have it.

TFS
Steve

Dumay de Boulle
07-14-2011, 06:49 AM
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this type of image, maybe 'Out of the box'...But its pleasing on the eye all the same!

Bob Decker
07-14-2011, 07:23 AM
A well thought out and nicely done concept. I'm wondering if it might've been a tad stronger if the stem of the leaf ran from Lower LH corner to Upper RH corner. Maybe, maybe not.

Rachel Hollander
07-14-2011, 07:55 AM
Bob - I also think of this as a more OOTB image but agree with the above comments about more leaf in the lower rhc and the position of the leaf stem.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
07-15-2011, 06:15 AM
This is very creative Bob, like it! Will copy it to the OOTB forum too, as you'll likely get a different kind of response there too. :t3

To me the silhouette seems not as sharp as the leaf, might be due to motion?...I can imagine it being tricky as you can actually only focus on the leaf in front of you. Was the gecko moving? :2

Steve Canuel
07-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Cool shot. I like the patterns and color of the illuminated leaf.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
07-17-2011, 08:19 PM
I lke your idea here and agree about the botom room.