PDA

View Full Version : The Lounge

Roman Kurywczak
07-13-2011, 01:29 PM
From my workshop on Saturday from Gillette Castle. I had a great group and it was nice to see everyones different takes on the different rooms! 5 exposure blend in Photomatix and other corrections in PS. I'm already looking forward to my September workshop there already!

Save at 48Quality to fit.

Brendan Dozier
07-13-2011, 02:24 PM
What a cool place to photograph! Nice job on the blending, Roman, love the warm color, detail and texture to the wood. Good exposure with the nice glow of the lights above and at the bar. Feels like it should have a bit of CCR (not the classic rock band :bg3:), but it may just be they way the room is built. Nice work!

Dave Woeller
07-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Excellent control of the processessing Roman. This is truly a fantastic site to shoot, and I love the tones you're getting. As far as the CCR i see that the door frame on the right is pretty much aligned with the edge of the shot, so it must be just an angle thing ??. If it was rotated would that edge then be an area of concern? I really like it as is.

Jim Neely
07-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Excellent HDR work. The CCR is a puzzle. I see it, but wonder what it would do to other parts of the image if you shifted.

If that is a bed, it would sure be a PITA to make up and/or change. :bg3:

jn

Andrew McLachlan
07-13-2011, 09:25 PM
Roman, great HDR, love the colors. The wood tones are beautiful as are the yellow lights.

Indranil Sircar
07-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Fantastic HDR, Roman. Love the warm colors, details and texture. CCR is an interesting puzzle. I think it is the angle and skew with it... I am good as it is.

Maureen Allen
07-13-2011, 10:52 PM
Beautiful HDR, Roman. I love the glowing chandelier, the lights on the bar and the wonderful textures in the wood.

I don't think any CCR would work here. I like the perspective as it is.

Now I'm wondering if there are any castles in Florida I need to find......... :S3:

Roman Kurywczak
07-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks all! Could be from the 17mm. I did use the RH side as a guide.

Dave Mills
07-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Hi Roman, great balance of detail in all areas. Rather interesting bar in the bedroom of all places. Nice inclusion of the ceiling acting as a strong frame along with the placement of the lights...Very nice!