PDA

View Full Version : Dunlin

David Pugsley
07-13-2011, 10:34 AM
One of many Winter visitors to my favorite location, Ft. DeSoto, on Florida's Gulf Coast.

---
1D MkIII
EF 500 f/4L + 1.4x
1/640 f/10 set manually
ISO 400
Processed in LR3 with some minor water and bill clean-up in PS.
---

My absolute favorite situation is being in the water with the birds and gaining their trust. It's very special to spend time with them in their environment.

I could have used a bit more head-turn towards me, but I'll take it.

Cheers!
David

Randy Stout
07-13-2011, 11:12 AM
David:

Nice shooting angle, I think the head angle is fine, I like the gentle ripples in the water, sharp.

I think the image would present better with a much smaller watermark, it is quite obtrusive.

Cheers

Randy

gail bisson
07-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi David,
Nice to see you posting here! Again, it was great to meet you at Fort Desoto in April.
Very nice shot. I love dunlins. This is a lovely shot. I really like the comp. The water ripples and water colors really make this picture very nice. Beautiful feather detail.
Agree about the BIG watermark!
Gail

David Pugsley
07-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Better folks? :)

I admit to struggling with how to watermark images, and I'm not suggesting mine are worthy of theft. I see some watermarks that are so tiny they'd be rendered useless if someone had nefarious intentions. On the other hand I've seen images watermarked beyond recognition...just trying to find a happy medium.

Cheers!
David

gail bisson
07-13-2011, 01:03 PM
So much better!!
Gail

Sidharth Kodikal
07-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Lovely low angle, light and water. The bird is beautifully exposed and sharp.
Thanks for resizing/relocating the watermark.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
07-13-2011, 09:24 PM
The image is great . I love the great ripples and reflective look to the water. I don't mind the watermark as I have learned to see past them. I have had images stolen and used on a very controversal website so I do understand the importance of making them hard to get rid of. By the way your images ARE worthy of theft so protect them. :S3: Great detail as well

christopher galeski
07-14-2011, 06:37 AM
lovely shot,I like the ripples in thewater too,nice detail,nice pose,I think the HA is sound.thanks.