PDA

View Full Version : common golden dungflythe dungfly

christopher galeski
07-13-2011, 08:18 AM
took this image yesterday,there was a bit of a breeze now and again,so had to wait while calm,was not easy,it would go calm,just about to take the image,then it would blow again.comments good or bad welcome.cannon7d,cannon 100mm f/2.8 L is,1/160s,f/9.0,iso800,-03ev,tripod,dungfly is on a thistle.thanks.

Roman Kurywczak
07-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Hey Christopher,
In the ideal world I would wish that the thistle wasn't behind the back of the fly. I might also tone down the brightest part of the thistle a few points that the one leg is on ....on the RH side......but as we all know in macro......not always the easiest when in the field. Excellent sharpness and light and the BG is excellent too! All in all an excleent image and worth your efforts.

Dave Leroy
07-13-2011, 05:51 PM
It certainly lives up to its colour.

Dung fly is nice and sharp and nice dof as well.

If I could remove one thing it would be the very front thistle bud. But as Roman mentioned not always the easiest to do in the field.
The wind was handled very well as well.

Dave

bhavya joshi
07-14-2011, 12:39 AM
Hi.. Christopher, From me Its a good shot..against wind , Nice Dof and Macro also..Agree with above comments.. look luck for next.:S3:

christopher galeski
07-14-2011, 08:10 AM
thanks everybody for yourcomments,I will take it all in.

Steve Maxson
07-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi Christopher. I can appreciate your struggles with the wind - it seems to always blow at the worst possible time. I hope to see one of these cool flies someday! You have good exposure and background plus very nice sharpness within your DOF. I also like the natural light. I would agree with the comments about both the front and rear thistle buds and the red/purple just in front of the fly's forehead is a little distracting. :S3: All in all, this is well done.

christopher galeski
07-16-2011, 04:18 AM
thanks Steve for your comments.

OvidiuCavasdan
07-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Well done in windy conditions, windy days lately here also and not a pleasure to struggle with the wind. Agree about toning down the bright thistle. Interesting fly, nice colors and very good BG.

Jonathan Ashton
07-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Agree too! nice shot, I find the thistle just a little over powering. the fly seems in focus but to me it seems as though it meeds just a little more sharpening, I get the impression it is actually crisper than it appears on my monitor.

christopher galeski
07-17-2011, 06:44 AM
thankyou Ovidiu and Jonathan,for comments.