PDA

View Full Version : Over Your Shoulder Sunrise

Andrew McLachlan
07-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Here is another one from Tiny Marsh the other day. Before the sun rose up above the horizon I checked to see what was happening behind me and this what I found. Not a lot of color, but I thought it was interesting. Cloned out some wild rice that was poking into the cloud reflections.

Nikon D200
Nikon 12-24mm lens @ 19mm
ISO 100
f16 @ 2.5 seconds
Singh Ray Color Intensifier
Singh Ray 2-stop grad filter

Look forward to comments.

dankearl
07-12-2011, 08:41 PM
"Not a lot of Color"
You are kidding of course.
The best photo yet of the series, just beautiful, I would not change a thing.

Roman Kurywczak
07-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Hey Andrew,
Perhaps more subtle color.....but still very nice with great cloud formations! My preference on this would be a crop off the bottom.....making the lighter reflection come out of the LRC and placing the left one just above the LLC. I think this just takes the horizon more off center and showcases the wonderful sky even more. Personal taste but gives you another option to explore. All in all.....very nnicely done!

Rachel Hollander
07-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Andrew - I very much like the more subtle colors of this. Good suggestion by Roman for crop to make the horizon less centered. The horizon seems to sag a tiny bit in the middle. I'm not sure if that's the way it was or if you have a little bit of lens distortion (or it could always just be me). It pays to look behind you once in a while.

TFS,
Rachel

Jay Gould
07-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Hi Andrew, here's another approach to your lovely image - watcha think? :w3

i did this quickly in Lightroom; if I were to take it into CS5 I would definitely lighten the foliage.

Bob Miller
07-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Andrew....I think I prefer your OP with some taken off the bottom and possibly a tad from the top. It pays to look behind you!

Andrew McLachlan
07-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks folks for the comments, very much appreciated!

Jay, thanks for the repost. I like the extra punch in the clouds, but perhaps a tad tight on the crop. I think I will try cropping a little less. Thanks again.

Bob Decker
07-14-2011, 07:19 AM
I prefer the OP. The pastel colors are just right IMHO.