PDA

View Full Version : Glass at Dawn

dankearl
07-11-2011, 07:30 PM
One more from the Newport Bay Harbor at 6 in the morning.
I don't think it gets calmer than this in an ocean bay.
Fog rolling in and out.
1/8
f16
iso100
16mm
Circular Polarizer used.

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af332/dkearl/DSC_8438-1.jpg

Brendan Dozier
07-12-2011, 03:03 AM
Very nice, Dan! Like the serene calm of the water, color, and the crystal clear reflections. I think this is my favorite of the two harbor images. Might crop a tad off the bottom to just above that gray reflection area (dock?) at bottom left of center. Like the misty clouds in BG, but also wondering if a tiny bit more definition to them (using curves?) would make it stronger. Nice work!

Roman Kurywczak
07-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Hey Dan,
tough to get isolation in a harbor! I think the mood and feel are nice in this....but like Brendan, perhpas a bit more definition to the boats.....not much as you don't want to lose the feel and fog. That was some calm water!

Andrew McLachlan
07-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Hi Dan, a nice harbor shot agree with above siggestions and cropping out the corner of the dock too. Very calm water indeed!

Rachel Hollander
07-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Dan -nice feeling to this and amazingly tranquil water. I agree about the dock on the lower left.

TFS,
Rachel

Cheryl Flory
07-15-2011, 08:29 AM
I've never posted an image in this forum, so I hope its OK if I comment....
I really like this image--the colors, sharp foreground, love the fog and still water. The only thing I would change is to tone down the hot pink/red item on the right side.

an image that keeps you coming back to look at it again.