PDA

View Full Version : Sunbittern

Juan Carlos Vindas
03-28-2008, 09:40 PM
A local bird, I took this picture at the Sarapiquí river, some time ago. this is the famele and is looking for some crabs to take to her chicks.

Alfred Forns
03-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi Juan Carlos !!!! Neat looking bird I like the pose and head angle Did fine with harsh light Sure wish you didn't cut the feet I know they are underwater but still like seeing the virtual feel !!!

Peculiar bg I like the tone of the mid bg better The bright mid and dark top detract from the bird but not much you could have done !!!!

Axel Hildebrandt
03-29-2008, 05:46 AM
I don't think I've seen this species before, thanks for sharing! I agree regarding more space at the bottom and a lower angle might have helped with better subject/BG separation. Keep them coming!

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-29-2008, 07:35 AM
These are difficult birds to photograph and you did a fine job. We had the pleasure of seeing one while in Panama and they are truly beautiful. I agree about just a tad more room on the bottom for the virtual feet. Thanks for sharing Juan.

Doug Brown
03-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Beautiful bird. I too had an opportunity to photograph it at the Sarapiqui River last year. Wonder if it's the same bird?

Arthur Morris
03-29-2008, 02:07 PM
All good comments above but I disagree with Alfredo on the head position as the bird's head is turned slightly away from you.

later and love, artie

Juan Carlos Vindas
03-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Hey Doug, probably is the same bird. Upload a picture and see.
Beautiful bird. I too had an opportunity to photograph it at the Sarapiqui River last year. Wonder if it's the same bird?

Juan Carlos Vindas
03-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Well, what can I say? you are right, a thing to consider is my lack of some equipment. for instance a very long telefoto lens. I really need one since this birds get very nervous as soon as they see me. may be I am very ugly!
All good comments above but I disagree with Alfredo on the head position as the bird's head is turned slightly away from you.

later and love, artie