07-11-2011, 12:00 AM
1/1250
f6.3
600mm (300 f2.8 w/2X)
iso360

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af332/dkearl/DSC_8981-2.jpg

arash_hazeghi
07-11-2011, 01:27 AM
this is great tack sharp details nice pose plus a nice BG wing position is ideal too, the whites in the chest area are blown however.

Alan Murphy
07-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Really nice Dan. Love the detail against the smooth BG.

Doug Brown
07-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Nice pose and a gorgeous green BG. I agree that the whites look a little cooked. I might clone out the stick on the far left at the bottom of the frame.

Stu Bowie
07-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Its always good to get the wingspread on a landing or take off shot. Good detail throughout, sharp, and against a great BG.

Kaustubh Deshpande
07-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Loved it Dan. Awesome BG and shooting/bird/light angles. Very clean for an at-nest shot and excelletn wing position.

dankearl
07-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Thanks for all the comments.
I did blow the whites, I am not sure how to meter the white feathers against the dark green BG (The foliage on the far bank.)
Any suggestions would be very helpful.
I shot the Osprey nest both mornings this weekend and had that problem on a number of shots.
I use Nikon Matrix metering.
I got a new lens last week, the 300 f2.8, which is a whole new world for me.
Also, learning a lot from the posts here, including all of you who commented.
Thank you.

arash_hazeghi
07-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Thanks for all the comments.
I did blow the whites, I am not sure how to meter the white feathers against the dark green BG (The foliage on the far bank.)
Any suggestions would be very helpful.
I shot the Osprey nest both mornings this weekend and had that problem on a number of shots.
I use Nikon Matrix metering.
I got a new lens last week, the 300 f2.8, which is a whole new world for me.
Also, learning a lot from the posts here, including all of you who commented.
Thank you.

Dan,
The best way to expose osprey is manual exposure, matrix metering is often fooled by the BG so the bird will be overexposed beyond recovery. Use your cameras histogram or highlight warning to tame the whites and set your exposure, . Watch the exposure as the light level changes through the morning and adjust your exposure accordingly.