PDA

View Full Version : butterfly pose

kamran shahin
07-09-2011, 05:05 PM
canon 7d,tamron 90mm macro/1/640 sec,f/5.6,iso400,flash:Firedhttp://www.pic.iran-forum.ir/images/y0nyj9tguysiod1u6nu.jpg

Allen Sparks
07-09-2011, 07:46 PM
hi Kamran. Nice focus on the head and I like the tones. I think you need more space on the right and I would take some off the bottom if it were mine. I think shooting at an angle more parallel to the subject would have brought more of the wing in focus and a narrower aperture would have helped too.

Dave Leroy
07-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Neat. Lovely pose and colours.

I like Allen's suggestion of a bit more room on right and a tad more dof to get all of the wings in focus would have been great.

Very nice.

Dave

Roman Kurywczak
07-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Hey Kamran,
Very good advice by Allen above! If you do have the room right....adding it in is an excellent idea.....even for someone like me who likes them tight! If you are shooting at 5.6.....you really need to be very parallel to the plane....otherwise sacrificing some SS for a bit more DOF.....is also an option. 1/250 should suffice in most cases and going as low as 1/60 works.....if it isn't too windy. If you take some room of the bottom and add it right as Allen suggested....that will take this up a notch or 2 and just keep the other suggestions in mind for the future.

OvidiuCavasdan
07-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Good focus on the head and nice pose. I like the BG. Stopping down would have give you more DOF for the wings but not sure about how the BG would have show up. But...I like the idea of trying some BF images with shallow dof.

Steve Maxson
07-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi Kamran. Very good comments by Allen and some good suggestions by Roman for you to consider. A few small changes will make a big difference in your results. :S3: Keep them coming.