1/25
f11
iso100
14mm
CP used

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af332/dkearl/DSC_8317-1.jpg

Rachel Hollander
07-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Dan - I like the comp and the line of surf in the distance. Not a fan of having what I presume is your shadow in the fg. Also not sure of what is happening with the rocks on the lhs, is it localized mist? It just looks a little strange and out of place. I might also crop a little from the top.

TFS,
Rachel

Roman Kurywczak
07-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Hey Dan,
Looks like you had a drop or twon on the CP on the LHS that Rachel mentioned.....easy fix. I would crop just a sliver off the bottom.....just to eliminate the dark area in the 5'oclock frame edge. Not sure you can do anything about the shadow......perhpas lightening it?......ducking or crouching down in the field may work.....or setting the sself timer and walking away can also work....just some thoughts for next time out in the field. Minor tweaks will take this up a notch.

Andrew McLachlan
07-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Hi Dan, overall I like the comp. Our shadows do become problematic at times, but Roman offers some good suggestions for minimizing or eliminating them.

dankearl
07-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Thanks all, yes the spots were drops on the lens I think and I should have taken care of them.
My shadow also.
This site makes you get better and better, I appreciate the C & C.