PDA

View Full Version : Carcara Going Into The Nest

Troy Lim
07-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Shot taken a few weekends ago. Did not have room on the left for the 3:2 ratio crop so opted for this crop.
The pair was busy building the nest.
Hope you like it.

Camera Nikon D3S
Exposure 1/2500 sec
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 850 mm
ISO Speed 1000
Exposure Bias 0 EV

Jamie Douglas
07-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Nice one Troy. How was your vacation? My only niggle and its only because I have to stay indoors today and recover from this mornings trip to the dentist to get gum work done is that it would be nice not to have the brown leaves.

Wonderful looking birds.

Karl Egressy
07-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Love the wing and tail position and the nesting material in the beak.

Troy Lim
07-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Nice one Troy. How was your vacation? My only niggle and its only because I have to stay indoors today and recover from this mornings trip to the dentist to get gum work done is that it would be nice not to have the brown leaves.

Wonderful looking birds.

Still jet lagged! I was sick during the trip, did not shoot as much as I would like. But met a lot of great photographers, really makes me appreciate of what we have here and how we shoot. :)
Will definitely plan another trip back home for some serious shooting in a year or two.

Mike Tracy
07-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Get over worrying about the crop ratio. That was said to the members at large.

Behavior captured spot on. Wish for a little more contrast and a smoother back ground.

Troy Lim
07-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Get over worrying about the crop ratio. That was said to the members at large.

Behavior captured spot on. Wish for a little more contrast and a smoother back ground.

Agree on the BG Mike..that is the only time I can get a shot of them banking that way...
plus I love the tracking lock on Nikon hahaha.

Bob Miller
07-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Hi Troy.....nice detail in the bird and good capture of nest building behavior. Only the bg bothers me. You might consider adding a layer of Gaussian blur to the bg and taking just a tad off of the top.....Love the D3S!

DanWalters
07-10-2011, 08:17 AM
Really nice behavior image. Like the nesting material.

Stu Bowie
07-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Super banking angle Troy, and his nesting material a bonus. In a perfect world, a lesser BG would have been better.:w3