PDA

View Full Version : Tri-colored heron

Karl Egressy
07-08-2011, 03:57 PM
This is an other image I liked while doing the printing of my pictures.
Taken at Viera Wetland this spring.
Thanks for looking.

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
Manual Exposure
1/500 sec
f 7.1
Spot Metering
ISO 400
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x

Kaustubh Deshpande
07-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Karl, very nice indeed. loved the BG. subject placement and relative size of it in the frame are excellent as well. sharp, well exposed and nice soft light. Well done.

Paul Randall
07-09-2011, 04:22 AM
Love it Karl, exposure, colours, comp etc etc :S3:
I think the omission of the stray twig will improve things though :bg3:
Let me know what you think:c3:

christopher galeski
07-09-2011, 07:15 AM
nice one Karl,nice colors,nice comp,good BG,I agree with paul about removing the twig,and the image looks better.thanks.

Karl Egressy
07-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Love it Karl, exposure, colours, comp etc etc :S3:
I think the omission of the stray twig will improve things though :bg3:
Let me know what you think:c3:

Thanks Paul. You are perfectly right.
Little things like this can improve the composition and it did. Too bad that I have printed it out already with the twig.
Next time!

Troy Lim
07-09-2011, 01:19 PM
I like the repost better, however, if you were going to remove something from it, I would even clone out the top perch that is closest to the neck, my eye tend to focus on the perch more.
I believe it will make the focus on the bird and with the pleasing BG, it would be a really great print!

Karl Egressy
07-09-2011, 04:56 PM
I like the repost better, however, if you were going to remove something from it, I would even clone out the top perch that is closest to the neck, my eye tend to focus on the perch more.
I believe it will make the focus on the bird and with the pleasing BG, it would be a really great print!

Thanks Troy. I'll fix it up.

DanWalters
07-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Great detail in the heron and I like the interesting perch. The repost looks a little cleaner.

Nico Steenberg
07-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Great exposure and sharp detail. Like the comp and soft colours. A super portrait !