PDA

View Full Version : Rate my work Please

Cory Bucher
07-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Hi all I would like to know what you all think of my photography. I would like you all to rate my work from 1-10 10 being great and 1 being very poor from my actually smugmug site.

This is in no way of trying to advertise anything I am just curious to hear from the community how all think of my photography and if you think my photographs are worthy of selling.

Anyways please visit my site at Cory-Bucher.smugmug.com and return you rating and comments here, thanks and God Bless.

Mark Theriot
07-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Took a look, just a few insights, if you don't mind.
- I'd select the best of your best - in a very specific category - and include maybe 15 tops in each collection.

- you could always have more collections.

- some of the shots have "hand of man" elements in them like fence posts. If you can't properly crop them out you may want to not include those. Also, maybe remove from your best shots any of them that have the bird with it's back to you or looking away.

Just a few quick thoughts, hope this is what you were looking for!

Mark

Cory Bucher
07-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Thank you Mark, that is exactly what I am looking for. Most Appreciated

Jim Neiger
07-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Hi Cory,

The quality of your work is not the most important thing in regards to selling your images. Many people have poor quality images that have sold well. The most important thing is your marketing skills and the effort you put into marketing. If you can write articles to go with your images that may help you market and sell them. I wouldn't plan on making a living selling wildlife images.

I took a quick look at your site. Since you want a number, I'll give you a 4. The only thing that I would take from that number is that you have room for improvement (we all do). Hopefully that will motivate you to keep trying harder and learning more. Good luck!

Marina Scarr
07-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Hi Cory:

I just spent some time going through your galleries. I agree with Jim on the #4 rating. My favorite gallery was your storm gallery which I thought was unique. I think if you spent time in the BPN forums both looking at, critiquing and reviewing other critiques, you could REALLY learn a lot and learn quickly.

After several weeks of doing that and working on what you have learned, you will go back to your gallery and immediately see the improvements you have made.

Good luck.

Tom Graham
07-13-2011, 01:20 AM
Since you're getting few responses, I'll chime in FWIW. I looked at about 6 of them. They are average, so the 4 score seems fair to me. Like Marina says, look at photos here and compare with yours, put some of yours up for comment and you will improve.
Tom

Cory Bucher
07-13-2011, 06:59 AM
Thanks for the critiques and honest opinions everyone, I will be posting some images soon. Much appreciated -Cory Bucher