PDA

View Full Version : The eye

OvidiuCavasdan
07-05-2011, 12:13 PM
40D, EF 100mm Macro
F 3.2
1/200 sec
ISO 400
Natural light, hand held, "Zinnia liliput" tiny flower bud from our garden.

Roman Kurywczak
07-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Hey Ovidiu,
I like the focus point you chose and the DOF choice was also very nice. I have debated the central comp for a while....and while perhaps not my favorite.....I do feel it works in this case! Another very nice one and very well seen!

OvidiuCavasdan
07-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Roman, I shot this also off centered...but for some reason I'm not very pleased with that one...dont know why...

Allen Sparks
07-06-2011, 07:01 AM
I like the central placement and also the focus as Roman mentioned. very well done!

Steve Maxson
07-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Hi Ovidiu. The centered subject and square frame works well in this instance. The bud has very interesting patterns and details which you got quite sharp within your shallow DOF. The only thing that bothers me (a little) is the very center of the bud where the red structures are rather soft. These are further inside the bud than the DOF extends - of course, if you increased DOF to get those items sharp, it would dramatically change the overall look of the image - and perhaps not for the better. Instead, you might consider trying some selective sharpening in just that small area to see if it makes a difference. Overall, this is very well done.

Bill Jobes
07-08-2011, 04:53 AM
Love this intriguing image ! It looks like many things -- almost other-worldly !

Julie Kenward
07-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Very nice, Ovidiu! I really like the central comp and the soft leaves that sit below the flower bud. Perfect choice of DOF here!