PDA

View Full Version : White Pelican pano

Cheryl Slechta
07-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Probably too many pelicans merged together but I like the line of flying ones with the sitting ones in the bg. I used levels, H&S, Topaz DeNoise, usm, and a warming filter to punch up the bg. (And I leveled it - thanks to Artie's Digital Basics tip - it's amazing how much I didn't know and how much I have to learn:S3:)

Canon 7D, 100-400f4.5/5.6L IS, 1/500sec., f/5.6, ISO 400.

Thanks for looking. Comments and suggestions appreciated.

John Chardine
07-04-2011, 07:32 PM
I like the layers of birds Cheryl. The image has a nice warm feeling. Also like the reflection "blobs" in the water and the overall balance. The bills give a real splash of colour all over.

Cheryl Slechta
07-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Thanks, John. I liked the colors in the shoreline that matched the color of the bills.:S3:

Jeff Cashdollar
07-05-2011, 07:34 AM
I like the "day in the life" shots like this. Reel Foot Lake in Tn has Pelicans and often looks like this. I enjoy watching them fly, float and hang-out. Thanks for posting, the images with habitat and group settings are fantastic to view.

Kerry Perkins
07-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Hi Cheryl, I like the interesting look and capture of a normal day in pelican world. :c3: Nice contrast between the fliers and the floaters and nicely framed by the shore and trees above. I might clone out the two lone birds in the very back for a more even look to the top part of the image.