PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for the sun

OvidiuCavasdan
07-03-2011, 11:59 AM
40D, EF 100mm Macro
F18
1/60 sec
ISO 200
Manual mode, tripod, shoot at dawn, slightly croped.
A more delicate perch would have been nice...

Allen Sparks
07-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Nice shot...I like this alot...warm BG tones and nice dragonfly silhouette. The perch is a bit overwhelming but overall still makes for a nice image and tells a story of that morning.

Roman Kurywczak
07-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Hey Ovidiu,
I like the comp although like Allen....wish the wing wasn't crossing the perrch to let the wings be totally in the open. I still think this is an excellent image......a bit different angle would have made it perfect.

Steve Maxson
07-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi Ovidiu. I like the idea of this image and the background is super. The little droplets of dew on the dragonfly add interest and I also like the diagonal of the perch. I don't mind the perch itself or the wing position too much, but I would wish that the head wasn't intersecting with the perch. I don't know what options you might have had to shoot from a different angle, but this very cool lighting is very transitory so you would have had to work quickly. Still, this is a very interesting image. :S3:

OvidiuCavasdan
07-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Thank you all for comments. All good points to consider.

Jonathan Ashton
07-09-2011, 04:07 PM
Gee whizz I think I am going to have to pop over to Romania - you are certainly producing some class images! My only critiques echoes those already mentioned the grass whilst not really large is relatively large and it is a pity the wing overlaps the bottom seed head.