PDA

View Full Version : Banking Spoonie

Roman Kurywczak
07-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Getting a chance to work on some images form out get together on the Hooptie Deaux and Capt James Shadle! From the afternoon session out with Randy and Daniel! I tried to concentrate on vert flight poses......this is one from that afternoon. I left the dark tips.....although I have contemplated cleaning them up.
Canon 1D Mark lll with the Sigma 300-800 @ 800mm and ISO 800 at f5.6 and 1/1600 sec. tripod mounted w/ wimberly head standing in the water.

Satish Ranadive
07-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Wonderful capture..Love the angle of wings and lovely colors.

Dumay de Boulle
07-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Amazing light and the wing position is perfect. Love the IQ and detail. Great image Roman

Grace Scalzo
07-03-2011, 12:56 PM
I would not change a thing about this image, Roman. Stunning light and a lovely subject.

arash_hazeghi
07-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Excellent light and banking pose with good details. The red channel is blown though, you can fix it by lowering the reds.

Wynand van Wyk
07-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Love the colours here. Super in flight capture and detail. Very well done!:S3:

Morkel Erasmus
07-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Love these pink spoonies...lovely light Roman! Agree with Arash regarding the reds (at least it looks that way).

Now why don't you take a page out of Doug's book and handhold this Sigmonster of yours? :w3

Randy Stout
07-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Roman:

Very nice, reminds me of that very fun day!

I like the pose, angle, exposure.

Arash, when I opened in in CS5, the hottest reds were around 220. I might have missed a few hot pixels, but there weren't any flashing ones that I could see. Can you let me know where the hot spots are?

Cheers

Randy

Nico Steenberg
07-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Great exposure and sharp detail captured. Like the in flight pose and wing spread. A super IMG !!!

Daniel Cadieux
07-03-2011, 03:52 PM
The reds are indeed clipped as posted (a "Levels" check confirms this...press alt and click the "highlights" arrow to see), but perhaps due to jpg conversion. In any case, reducing the red channel saturation 7-8 points nips this in the bud and retains the amazing sweet light condition.

Great pose, sharp. This brings back good memories...thankfully it is nice and hot up here so no need to yearn for the sun at this time of year!!:S3:

arash_hazeghi
07-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Roman:

Very nice, reminds me of that very fun day!

I like the pose, angle, exposure.

Arash, when I opened in in CS5, the hottest reds were around 220. I might have missed a few hot pixels, but there weren't any flashing ones that I could see. Can you let me know where the hot spots are?

Cheers

Randy

Randy I am not sure what you looked at but it can be easily seen that the red channel is blown using the histogram tool. There are more than a "few" pixels since they show on the histogram.

RakeshDhareshwar
07-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Awesome wing position , great light on the bird and plenty sharp .
Agree with Arash on the red channel .

There seems to be a huge difference in the way your image is seen in your post and when I download it and see it on CS5 ( exactly the eay it is seen in Arash's post) It is more warmer than your original post . When I checked the histo on FSViewer , it showed no blown channel .

Would love to understand why this happens .

Roman Kurywczak
07-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks all! I looked at it and it took PS....looks like -4 on the reds tames it.

And Rakesh: "There seems to be a huge difference in the way your image is seen in your post and when I download it and see it on CS5 ( exactly the eay it is seen in Arash's post) It is more warmer than your original post . When I checked the histo on FSViewer , it showed no blown channel .

Would love to understand why this happens ."
I would too!

Morkel: "Now why don't you take a page out of Doug's book and handhold this Sigmonster of yours?"
I have!!!:bg3: I'll have to dig one HH our....but not in the metadata so not 100% sure....and I'm getting older and that thing ways a ton:w3!

christopher galeski
07-05-2011, 02:38 AM
very nice flight pose,nice detail.thanks.