PDA

View Full Version : Sundew @ Mer Bleue Bog

Daniel Cadieux
07-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Totally enjoying this borrowed lens...I'll have a hard time handing it back! With my two boys, went out hunting for Sundews...we had a little competion going as who could find the one with most insects stuck to it (the boys don't know it, but I declared victory on my "clean" one here!!:bg3:) Good times.

Canon 7D + 100mm f/2.8 macro, aperture priority, evaluative metering, 1/50s., f/5.6, ISO 800, -0.7 EC, natural light, lens braced to boardwalk plank, FF at 1:1 (cropped to 5:4 ratio for comp). Darkened smaller sundew in LLC, and other various highlights.

Jonathan Ashton
07-03-2011, 02:48 AM
Great shot - love it, I have tried many times to get a clean shot like this and I have failed miserably - so well done.

Roman Kurywczak
07-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Hey Daniel,
I see a macro lens in your future!!! Outstanding job! I might work on darkening.smoothing some of the BG a touch more....but an excellent job on this and great technique HH. Now if I can get you to carry tripod and get the DOF a bit higher:2eyes2:....I'll work on that next! Very nicely done and glad you had a great time too!

Allen Sparks
07-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Hi Daniel, I'm not really a plant guy but find this a very interesting subject you targeted. Nicely presented. I might tone down the plant in lower left some more.

Andrew McLachlan
07-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Hi Daniel, these are difficult to get with a relatively clean back ground. You did very, very well with this comp. Love the reds!

Steve Maxson
07-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Hi Daniel. It looks like you're having a blast with this lens! At f/5.6 you got all the important parts of the plant sharp and a relatively clean background (these plants don't grow where the backgrounds are clean :S3: ) - so very well done!

Anita Bower
07-11-2011, 07:16 AM
Perfectly focused on the important part of this unusual plant! Well done! Love the glow of all the little circles. Nicely composed. Beautiful colors. The plant to the lower left keeps drawing my eye and distracting me; perhaps it and other parts of bg could be toned down.

Nancy Bell
07-15-2011, 06:48 PM
A very cool-looking plant! Anita voiced my thoughts better than I could :S3:.