PDA

View Full Version : Sand lines

Lorant Voros
07-02-2011, 03:31 PM
An image from last year's Namibia trip. Like many of us on this forum I also like to play with B&W. Comments are welcome.

7D
17-40mm
ISO100
f:22
1/4
tripod
Silver Efex Pro

peter delaney
07-03-2011, 07:16 AM
Nice idea Lorant...

because the image is about the pattern , I feel you need to have more contrast between the dark and light areas..this will help to accentuate the linear patterns...as the light areas are too flat as presented ...

i like composition , sky i would just burn in edges slightly,...

Roman Kurywczak
07-03-2011, 09:11 AM
Hey Lorant,
Excellent suggestions by Peter.....although I am not as fond of the comp. As a pattern shot.....I think a crop off the top.....eliminating the sky and taking it just below the messy sand in the UL ridgeline.....would make the pattern even bolder. Just another option for you to explore.

John Ippolito
07-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Great ideas above from Peter and Roman. I could even make a case for a crop with just a sliver of sky since it is without texture. Love the patterns in the dunes.

Lorant Voros
07-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Thank you guys for the comments and suggestions. I like the idea of focusing more on the pattern and crop out the sky. And you are right, Peter. I will play with different contrast settings.

Lorant

Andrew McLachlan
07-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi Lorant, excellent suggestions by Peter and Roman. I like both ideas. My immediate thought was to crop the sky out and concentrate on the sand patterns.