PDA

View Full Version : Pausing for a moment

wendell westfall
07-02-2011, 10:39 AM
D90 70-200VR+2X@400 1/1000 f/5.6 ISO400 0EV monopod

Yesterday morning I was photographing some ducks when this lone killdeer came on the scene, moving in quick and short starts and stops. So, I took advantage of its moving into my line of sight. (Maybe I'll get the ducks another day)

Wendell

Kerry Perkins
07-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Nicely done Wendell! I find this bird to be a real challenge and you did a good job of quick thinking to make the capture. I like the pose, head angle, composition, and color. My only thoughts would be to clean a few things up in the water and do a little curves and color adjustment to tone down the overall look.

Well, I couldn't resist having a go at it. I didn't change much, just some cleanup and curves as I mentioned, mostly to lower the contrast a bit. Good one Wendell!

wendell westfall
07-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Kerry, I like your work on this . . . nice of you to re-post . . .

Jeff Cashdollar
07-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Great job wendell and Kerry repost strengthens a strong image. Cleaning up the background is usually helpful, curves adjustment or adding a touch of black or dark grey can make an image pop. You might want to add this to your workflow - thanks for the nice picture. This is a difficult bird to capture you always show patience and this is a nice one.

Cheryl Slechta
07-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Wendall, it's a nice OP and Kerry's clean up job made it even nicer:S3: