PDA

View Full Version : Montauk Point Lighthouse #2

Roman Kurywczak
07-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Another from this weekend with fellow BPN'ers and friends Mike & Karen Lottito and Betty Wiley. The sun had set and the colors just started to spread. In the water but a bit closer than the last post.
Canon 1D Mark lll with the 17-40mm lens at 17mm for 2 sec. at f22 and ISO 200. Singh Ray 3 stop soft edge GND filter used to open up FG more. Slight lens correction and rotation in PS. All tripod mounted and Graf Studioball head. Saved at 77 Quality.

Steve Bein
07-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Stunning, no criticisms, but I am easy. I really like what you did with this. Composition, leading lines, etc right on.

Jerry van Dijk
07-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Extremely pleasing composition, Roman, and the light and silky wash on the beach take it over the top. Very well handled with the filters. I like that the image has points of attention both at the UL ROT hotspot as well as in the centre.

Andrew Aveley
07-01-2011, 03:37 PM
A subtle hint off HDr feel in the buildings , nice :c3: really like the use of the filter. On the composition, do you have one without the rock and just the leading wave line towards the point with top wash line on the beach in a more pano style comp ? I just love these light houses and images i have seen from Montauk:eek:

John Ippolito
07-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Roman, this is beautifully composed, and I like the pastel colors and tonal range. Excellent image.

Andrew McLachlan
07-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Hey Roman, equally as good as the previous lighthouse post. I think I might prefer this comp just a touch more. Love the colors in the sky!!