PDA

View Full Version : Fun at the Beach, Part I, Before the Storm.

Daniel Cadieux
06-30-2011, 08:28 PM
When I saw these storm clouds approaching I sped to a local beach located a mere 5 minute drive from home as I knew I'd have a terrific view. When I arrived people were rushing to their cars, I was rushing OUT of mine!:S3: Wicked winds, distant thunder, and a sudden drop in both light and temperature...pretty cool stuff. Got blowing sand in my eyes, nose, and mouth...and had to run for my beloved BPN hat rolling away!! More cool stuff!:bg3:

Canon 7D + 18-55m lens @37mm, aperture priority, evaluative metering, 1/60s., f/9, ISO 800, -0.3 EC, handheld, full-frame, a couple of man-made elements cloned out (e.g. garbage bin, small sign post)

Roman Kurywczak
07-01-2011, 10:12 AM
I love storm clouds too Daniel! I think you left just enough base for the image but I do think a few either selelctive levels layers in the sky or even selective color layers.....tweaking the white, neutral, and black sliders will give the clouds more depth and even more impact. Overall you captured the drama of the storm well!

Jerry van Dijk
07-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Very threatening image, Daniel! I'm guessing that follwing Romans tips you can get even more out of this one. There seems plenty of details, colors and contrasts to play with! Good that you got your BPN hat back! :bg3:

Andrew Aveley
07-01-2011, 03:42 PM
I am sure with romans tweaks and some ps you have a very foreboding mood filled image ! I can relate to the looks you may have received from the people heading towards there cars !:eek: A 3d feel to the clouds at the end would also be great !

Andrew McLachlan
07-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Daniel, these are awesome storm clouds. Excellent choice to head out into the brewing storm rather than seek cover. I like to add a touch of Nik's 'tonal contrast' to clouds like this to add a little more impact to the clouds. Very nice capture!