PDA

View Full Version : Canon 7D Battery Grip

Jonathan Ashton
06-30-2011, 04:58 PM
I am thinking of buying the Canon battery grip, though I think it is expensive for what it is. I have just looked at the Polaroid version - very much cheaper, the ads imply it has the same functionality as the Canon plus a remote control and intervalometer. :2eyes2: Has any one any experience of this version - would you recommend it or stay clear and buy canon safe in the knowledge it is good quality.:w3
All replies would be much appreciated.

Jonathan Ashton
07-01-2011, 11:26 AM
The polaroid grip provides interesting functions and would consider that if I needed it. Otherwise I would prefer to get original equipment.
As for getting a grip, I bought one, but failed to use it so far. Unlike the Nikon packs, the Canon pack does not boost frame rate, it just allows you shoot longer and provide for a vertical control. When I just pack the extra batteries I save space in my photobag, which is already bursting out of its seams.

Hey Peter thanks for the reply - .... do you want to sell the battery grip??

Morkel Erasmus
07-21-2011, 03:58 AM
Jonathan I have used my 7D with the BG-E7 (got the model number corret??) grip exclusively since purchasing a little more than a year ago. I loved the feel it gave the camera and it never let me down. Only recently sold it as I'm selling all my current gear, and without it the camera feels very different and much less 'pro' :t3

Not familiar with the Polaroid or any other 3rd-party option, but can definitely recommend getting A grip :w3.

Jonathan Ashton
07-21-2011, 05:51 AM
Jonathan I have used my 7D with the BG-E7 (got the model number corret??) grip exclusively since purchasing a little more than a year ago. I loved the feel it gave the camera and it never let me down. Only recently sold it as I'm selling all my current gear, and without it the camera feels very different and much less 'pro' :t3

Not familiar with the Polaroid or any other 3rd-party option, but can definitely recommend getting A grip :w3.
Thanks Morkel, I intend to get one, I had a similar one for the 20D and 50D but recently it died - probably because I dropped it!!