Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
ISO Speed 800
Lens EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
White Balance Mode Cloudy
AF area select mode Manual selection

http://members.home.nl/natuurlijk-erp/IMG_6383%20bij.jpg

Daniel Cadieux
07-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Neat. I love the soft light and soft colours. Very sharp, especially for 1/8s. I'd be tempted to remove the white strand above the one eye. I'm thinking there is a bit much space on the right...perhaps a square crop would work well here. Sensor dust needs to be cleaned, both physically and in post:w3

Very cool "in your face" image. Highly enjoyable!

Roman Kurywczak
07-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Hey Carel,
Very unusual and cool perspective! Easy clean up of the strand in the eye......if you are OK with such things but not a deal breaker....I do think the square comp would be stronger that Daniel recommended....but again....teh OP light and comp work fine too.....so all around a very nice image and great technique at 1/8 sec. SS!

Steve Maxson
07-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Hi Carel. The soft light is very nice and I love all the detail you captured on the bee. I also like the head-on pose, the diagonal perch, and the clean background. If this was mine, I'd be tempted to remove the strand on the eye. I'm OK with the crop as presented, though a square crop would also work well. The sensor dust spots visible in the background have already been mentioned. Very well done! :cheers:

Ken Childs
07-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi Carel, some great comments and good suggestions have already been given so I won't repeat those. In addition to what's already been suggested, there is a dark area in the BG to the right of the bee that could be lightened up. Overall this looks great!

Carel v/d Sanden
07-12-2011, 02:59 PM
I have tried to incorporate all comments.
I came to this conclusion.
What do you think of it now?

http://members.home.nl/natuurlijk-erp/IMG_6383%20bij%201.jpg