Camera + Lens: Canon 40D + EF 500 with 1.4II TC
ISO : 800
F-Stop: 5.6
Exposure : 1/50
Exposure Bias : +1

gail bisson
06-30-2011, 06:26 AM
Welcome Ishmeet,
This is a lovely first post. The complimentary tones of the owls and bark are very nice. I like the curvy lines that the opening of the roost has. I wish the left owl had his eyes open. I would brighten up the left eye of the owl on the right. Exposure looks good. Well done,
Gail

Randy Stout
06-30-2011, 07:18 AM
Ishmeet:

Welcome to BPN, a great place to learn and grow as a nature photographer.

Lovely colors and textures here. Sharp, well exposed. Good points by Gail about the eyes.

I might consider a small crop down from the top, to just below the lettering.

I am assuming you were on a tripod at this shutter speed?

Cheers and look forward to more

Randy

Joe Senzatimore
06-30-2011, 09:24 AM
My vote for a bit off the top as well. Also might want to keep all the text in one spot and make it a bit smaller. it competes with this beautiful image , and the top text takes the eye right out of the shot.

Satish Ranadive
06-30-2011, 10:06 AM
Very nicely composed,marvelous image. I loved the color scheme.

allanrube
06-30-2011, 10:50 AM
Agree with crop and eye lightening comments. The closed eye on one owl doesn't bother me. It keeps focus on one owl - I might get confused if both were open.
Like the color and textures a lot.

Marina Scarr
06-30-2011, 11:19 AM
What a super first post. Love the color scheme and comp, although agree on a tad off the top. Love the way one owl has his eyes closd. The texture of the bark adds to much to this picture, as does the light. The eyes work for me as is. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Jim Fenton
06-30-2011, 11:38 AM
This is simply too good for your first image...you should be forced to suffer and grow like the rest of us :)

I agree with Alan completely about the closed eyes not bothering me.

Love the colors. Sharpness and exposure both look great.

Ishmeet Sahni
06-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Ishmeet:

Welcome to BPN, a great place to learn and grow as a nature photographer.

Lovely colors and textures here. Sharp, well exposed. Good points by Gail about the eyes.

I might consider a small crop down from the top, to just below the lettering.

I am assuming you were on a tripod at this shutter speed?

Cheers and look forward to more

Randy

Randy,

This image was taken, on the back of a 4x4 with the help of a bean bag.
Thanx for your encouraging comments...

regards,
Ishmeet

Stu Bowie
06-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Welcome to BPN Ishmeet, and a great first post to share. I like the setting of the tree, has character, and getting two owls is a bonus. I agree wishing for the lower owl to have opened his eyes, and to Randy's suggestion of cropping down from the top. Keep them coming.

Sagar Gosavi
06-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Beautiful image here Ishmeet .. Loved the composition. Nice sharpness to go with accurate exposure ... Great Capture.. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sagar Gosavi

Dumay de Boulle
06-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Welcome...Lovely opener this, i like the way the tree frmaes the owl's and the complimntary colors are great. Also another vote for a touch off the top.

RakeshDhareshwar
07-01-2011, 12:41 AM
Welcome to BPN , Ishmeet . Lovely image to open the account with . +1 for shaving off the top . Getting two of these beautiful owls is a big bonus .

arash_hazeghi
07-01-2011, 01:54 AM
welcome to BPN and a great first post.

Daniel Cadieux
07-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Welcome to BPN Ishmeet!! I agree with cropping from the top, but all else looks great. Nice find, and love the natural cavity.