PDA

View Full Version : Female Northern Harrier (juvenile) with prey

arash_hazeghi
06-29-2011, 10:48 PM
This is a juvenile harrier with her catch. Sorry if it is a bit graphic!

1D4 500mm f/5.6 1/2500sec ISO 800.

arash_hazeghi
06-29-2011, 10:52 PM
oh, and this was her third vole, can you find the remainder of the other two :bg3: ?

Ofer Levy
06-29-2011, 11:00 PM
That's a lovely image Arash!
Great light and colours, nice behaviour captured and your fantastic techs! Maybe a bit big in the frame but I can see why you have decided to crop out some of the bush.

Tom Redd
06-29-2011, 11:05 PM
As said, great light and colors, sharp as always! When I grow up, I want to be like most of the photographers here on BPN. Beautiful image.

arash_hazeghi
06-30-2011, 01:02 AM
As said, great light and colors, sharp as always! When I grow up, I want to be like most of the photographers here on BPN. Beautiful image.

Hey Tom, how old are you :bg3: ?

christopher galeski
06-30-2011, 02:19 AM
nice image,nice and sharp,like it with the vole,bang on BG,thanks.

Chris Baker
06-30-2011, 03:12 AM
Top shot Arash, you certainly know where to find the birds! Well taken and presented as always! TFS

gail bisson
06-30-2011, 04:24 AM
Another beauty! Sharp, dynamic and interesting.
Gail

kamran shahin
06-30-2011, 05:18 AM
great shot ...

Ishmeet Sahni
06-30-2011, 06:23 AM
Brilliant image......love the light and what ever part of the catch, in the beak.....

Tom Redd
06-30-2011, 07:41 AM
Hey Tom, how old are you :bg3: ?

Haha, Old enough to not be able to say "when I grow up..." anymore. It was just a humorous way of complimenting you and all the photographers here on BPN that do such an excellent job. A better way of saying it might have been "when I mature as a photographer..." :S3: I am always amazed at the quality images posted by so many here on this forum. I have much to learn and so I thank everyone who shares their images and knowledge. It was meant as a compliment and I hope it wasn't taken any other way.

Joe Senzatimore
06-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Beautiful image with great light and detail captured. I might take a bit off the right side , just to move the subject off center a bit.

arash_hazeghi
06-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Haha, Old enough to not be able to say "when I grow up..." anymore. It was just a humorous way of complimenting you and all the photographers here on BPN that do such an excellent job. A better way of saying it might have been "when I mature as a photographer..." :S3: I am always amazed at the quality images posted by so many here on this forum. I have much to learn and so I thank everyone who shares their images and knowledge. It was meant as a compliment and I hope it wasn't taken any other way.

Hey Tom, I always enjoy looking at your photos! you are already a great photographer :S3:

Jim Fenton
06-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Great exposure, sharpness and a wonderful overall image. Love the colors!

If it were mine, I would crop out the branch protruding from behind her back.

When harriers catch voles up here, they perch what seems like a half mile away all of the time :(

Stu Bowie
06-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Hi Arash, good eye contact, and like how she is showing off her catch to you. I like the pose, detail and colours, and overall, nice and sharp too. I dont mind the busy tree where she has perched, but would maybe remove the two small branches 'coming out' of her back. You certainly have a lot of raptors in your files. Im jealous. :w3

Dumay de Boulle
06-30-2011, 03:10 PM
Superb IQ and love the detail and soft colors. The OOF BG behind the branches is great:cheers:. I would also like to see the 2 twigs behind the back out and a bit cropped off the right hand side jut past that vertical branch on the right, also add a bit on the top (for my tatse) I feel strange giving these ideas as im a Big fan of your work, but just adding my thoughts:S3:

Karl Egressy
06-30-2011, 06:20 PM
Super image, Arash. My only minor nit is the two small branches coming out of the back of the bird.
I would clone them out if it were mine.

arash_hazeghi
07-01-2011, 02:05 AM
Thanks for all the feedback.