PDA

View Full Version : NC Falls

Jeff Cashdollar
06-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Last year I was in NC and took a few pictures of the many water falls throughout the state.
MKIV
Canon 17-40L
Tripod
ISO=100
f/11
Morning light
LRIII--->CS5. Small adjustments in PS (levels, curves, noise reduction and sharpening)

nancy hazen
06-30-2011, 01:50 AM
Ah a beautifully serene landscape. I love the blurred waterfalls.
Nancy

Jeff Cashdollar
06-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks Nancy - regarding landscapes, I am learning to stay in one location for a longer period of time and work it. In this case, I was attracted to the red leaves in the right hand corner. This is not a great waterfall shot but I loved the look and feel of the moment. That's what I am trying to share. Wish you could hear the running water - it was great.

nancy hazen
06-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Jeff, I like the waterfall effect very much. I think it makes a great contrast to the beautiful leaves. I wish I could hear it to. I am drawn to water. I live in east county, San Diego and have 4 fountains and 5 birdbaths. :eek::bg3: I'm a bit obsessed:bg3:
I'd like to see more of your landscapes.
Nancy

Kerry Perkins
06-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Jeff, I don't know much about landscapes, but I know what I like and I like this a lot. You did a good job of conveying the mood and feel of the scene. Nice look to the water and the leaves set it off nicely.

By the way, congratulations on your new position as moderator! I really glad to see you here in that role and look forward to working with you.

Jeff Cashdollar
06-30-2011, 02:31 PM
nancy, thank you I will post a few more.

Kerry, thank you too. As you know, I am a bird photographer but have started to play with nature images. Usually when I cannot find birds to photograph. Hence, I might post various photographs from my trips hopefully birds but if not, might display some of the natural habitats. Very much looking forward to working with you and John. I know we will learn and have fun together.

John Chardine
07-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Jeff- this is really outstanding to my eye. The subtle water movement is just right. Love the colours. Great advice to stay with a subject and work it. I seem to always be in a hurry. I must stop that.

Clyde Hopper
07-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Hi Jeff, Beautiful Landscape there. love to see more also

Jeff Cashdollar
07-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Clyde - thank you. I have one more to share.