PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of the african night

Valerio Tarone
03-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Nyala is an antilope saved by extinction by the Umfolozi park in Southafrica. Making of the shot: I had forgot the flash in my first night safari..!!! Nikkor 300 f4 x2 with Nikon 801 -tripod In Adobe photoshop I made a very slight <in brightness, to get it clearer.
Critiques to myself: the problem is to be a bit closer, so the two eyes should emphasized.
Do you agree?

Robert Amoruso
03-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Valerio,

I would have to agree with your self critique. In the sea of black the eyes are too small. I like the idea and you should work to perfect it.

Take a look at this image by Jason Hahn at http://www.jasonhahn.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=44&pos=47. It was recently honored as a 2008 NANPA Showcase winner.

Alfred Forns
03-28-2008, 11:19 PM
Valerio if you had the eyes bigger in frame the image would work !!! ...... btw taking a flash on a night safari is a good thing !!!!! :cool:

Arthur Morris
03-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi Valerio, I sort of like it, but would like to have seen the eyes either well off center or perhaps dead center... What lit the eyes?

Later and love, artie

Roman Kurywczak
03-30-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm with the eyes needed to be bigger crowd. That being said.........just the fact that you had this idea when most wouldn't even think about it.........you should be commended. I hope you get another opportunity,

Vincent Grafhorst
03-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Great idea (or accident?) Valerio, worth experimenting with!