PDA

View Full Version : Montauk Point Lighthouse

Roman Kurywczak
06-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Took this on Sunday night with fellow BPN'ers and friends Mike Lottito & his wife Karen as well as Betty Wiley.......who joined me in getting soaked in the surf. The surf was rough and I go a lot of tripod movement on the long exposures standing knee to mid thigh in the water. Had to time it just right not to get vibration in the tripod or movement from it sinking!
Canon 1D Mark lll and the 17-40mm lens at f22 for 2 seconds and ISO 200 with the Singh Ray vari ND filter on and Singh Ray 3 stop GND filter. It sometimes pays to have a ballhead that ways a ton!
Removed a couple of specs of people in PP'ing as well as a rotation. Saved at 86 Quality

Nick Palmieri
06-29-2011, 02:25 PM
This is awesome. I love the water and love the sky.he water swirling around the FG rock is very cool. That building in the rear is weird..but nothing you can do about that. Wish there was a flag on the flag pole...Next time step about 10 feet further in the water, so the light house is not so centered...were you afraid to get wet or what? Waders for Christmas...Or were you afraid to get the Gitzo wet???

Kaustubh Deshpande
06-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Fabulous shot, Roman....the lighthouse and the rock are excellent anchors and slow SS effect makes it surreal and thoroughly enjoyable. Excellent job with the grad ND...pretty much hdr-like. this is what still photography is all about....capturing things that eye or video cannot. well done.

Andrew McLachlan
06-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Roman, nicely composed. The wave blurs are beautiful, especially the one around the red rock in the foreground.

dankearl
06-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Roman, very nice, the water and the FG rock are great.
I would clone out the flagpole.

Andrew Aveley
07-01-2011, 03:53 PM
this rock really adds to this composition ! The rest is just top draw stuff !