PDA

View Full Version : Beauty and the Beast

christopher galeski
06-29-2011, 06:30 AM
took this the other day,I have a few shots of this,one with the insect in the middle of the flower,covered in polen,but for some reason,I like this,taken with cannon7d,cannon macro 100mm f2.8,is lens,tripod,f18,1/200s,iso400.comments good or bad.thanks.

Daniel Cadieux
06-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Cool! I like the colours, and the insect is assuming a neat pose. I love the pistils' shadows in the center. I personally find that the composition is tight, but I understand it can be difficult to avoid outside distractions.

Steve Maxson
06-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Hi Christopher. Very nice sharpness and DOF on both the flower and fly. The light is bright without being overly harsh and I like the tight crop around the edges of the flower. You might consider toning down the brightest areas of the leaf in the ULC as they tend to draw my eye. Overall, this is very well done.

Roman Kurywczak
06-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Hey Christopher, no tight complaints from me:bg3:.....besides Steve suggestions on toning the whites a touch.....I'd selectively lighten the bug a few points to make him stand out even more. Minor tweaks to an excellent image!

christopher galeski
06-30-2011, 01:52 AM
thankyou evreybody for your comments,all taken on board.

Ken Childs
07-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Well done, Christopher! This one looks good and following the advice given by Steve and Roman will definitely improve this already fine image! :S3: