PDA

View Full Version : Heavenly Cosmos

Morkel Erasmus
06-29-2011, 02:13 AM
Continuation of the series I started here:
http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/82203-Cosmos-Heaven

This one was framed a bit more to the right so I can include the setting sun.

All critique most welcome.

Techs:
Canon 7D with 10-22mm USM
f16 @ ISO-100
Blend of 3 images

Brendan Dozier
06-29-2011, 02:27 AM
Very nice composition, Morkel! I like how you included more of the sky in this one, and the clouds are very interesting. The setting sun adds more interest for the eye. Love how the warm colors of the flowers compliment the cooler blue of the sky. I think I like this one the best of the series.

Rachel Hollander
06-29-2011, 06:42 AM
Morkel - I like the inclusion of the sunset and the colors on this look great. The comp works for me. Maybe a hair of ccw rotation?

TFS,
Rachel

Roman Kurywczak
06-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Hey Morkel,
Love the sweeping lines of the clouds and the cosmos. I'm not as thrilled with the sky on the LH side. Perhaps going in there selectively and lightening the greyish ones a few points......amking them a bit whiter? I don't think you should go as bright as the sunlit ones.....but just get the area a bit brighter so it doesn't draw my eye away from the rest of the scene and give the image a better overall balance. That tweak will really make this shine!

Kaustubh Deshpande
06-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Well seen and executed...loved the colors and perspective.

Andrew McLachlan
06-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Hi Morkel, nicely composed. I too love the clouds, but as Roman suggests the left-hand side needs a little lightening. A beautiful field of blossoms. My fave of your cosmos posts thus far!

Morkel Erasmus
06-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Thanks a lot for the kind feedback, everyone.

Roman, Andrew...I presume this repost addresses your critique? :bg3:

dankearl
06-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Nice, Morkel, I don't mind the OP at all.
The left side looks fine to me, in a perfect world the dark gray clouds on the right side would not be there.
To me, they are the most distracting thing about the sky.
Otherwise, the exposure and FG flowers are about perfect.

John Ippolito
07-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Lovely composition and the clouds are so interesting in form, lines and depth of tonal range. Repost looks best to me, though I was ok with the original til then. Very nicely done.