PDA

View Full Version : Queen Anne's Lace Flip

Julie Kenward
06-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Sometimes I'm in the mood for crazy! This time I did learn something very important, though. At one point I converted the flip to the "glowing edges" filter which also inverted the colors. I used the "subtract" blend mode to bring it back to the original green/yellow. Finally! A reason to use the subtract mode! I knew there had to be a reason for that darn thing to show up in PS...

denise ippolito
06-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Very cool Jules, I like the colors, reminds me of a Kaleidoscope.:S3:

Kerry Perkins
06-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi Jules, nice flipping and lovely colors! I like the fact that you have the white flowers in the top and bottom elements but not in the left and right. I can see a bit of a line in the center of each flip. What I usually do when combining the flipped element with the original is to select the mirror image layer and then use the arrow keys to nudge it over until it merges perfectly with the original. Very creative and fun image!

Anita Bower
06-29-2011, 05:45 AM
Kaleidoscope it is! My first thought is that this would make a wonderful pattern for the border of fabric! It's fun to experiment and discover new uses for PS tools!

Brendan Dozier
06-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Like the symmetrical designs of this flip, Jules. Love the variations of green. There is a nice light glow to it and together with combination of soft and hard lines, there is a cool effect of looking partially submerged in water from above.

Roman Kurywczak
06-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Very cool keleidoscope! The symmetry works very well as do the colors!

Judy Howle
06-29-2011, 12:27 PM
I like your kaleidoscope-look flip and the green and yellow colors and very pleasing.

Julie Kenward
06-29-2011, 03:34 PM
What I really like about this is if you stand back from it, it really looks like a Celtic cross image. I'll have to remember that come next St. Patrick's Day! Thanks everyone for your comments... :S3:

Indranil Sircar
06-29-2011, 06:26 PM
It does look like Celtic cross image (zoomed in!). Beautiful flips and filter work. Now you have inspired me to think about subtract...

Andrew McLachlan
06-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Hi Julie, love the colors and the flip. very cool!:S3: