PDA

View Full Version : Adirondack Cascade #2

Roman Kurywczak
06-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Just up the river from my previous post. Always looking for unusual comps when I am near water.....and the Singh Ray Vari ND.....give me the opportunity to explore different SS when palying around near water.
Canon 1D Mark lll and the 17-40mm lens at f22 for 0.4 seconds and ISO 320 all tripod mounted with Graf Studioball head and bubble level in hotshoe. Saved at 64 Quality to fit.

Brendan Dozier
06-29-2011, 02:14 AM
Really like the softness you achieve on the water flow, Roman. The rock at bottom provides a nice anchor to image, and the light green moss on the rocks balances and compliments the reddish brown color of the forest floor in BG. The only minor thing is the one tree in the middle ground seems a bit distracting in the top middle. Wondering if moving frame to left a bit, so tree is closer to rt. side. would have worked better. Still very nice work!

Rachel Hollander
06-29-2011, 06:28 AM
Roman - I like the soft water and the fg rocks but there's something about the trees that IMO detract from the image. I think it's a combination of so many of them leaning to the left that it gives the impression of needing cw rotation and also that they are all cut off. I also think the more dominant tree in the center distracts. I did a scroll crop and found that a crop from the top to the path so that just a bit of the center tree shows and the water flows from near the ulc makes the image stronger IMO.

TFS,
Rachel

Roman Kurywczak
06-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Hey Brendan.....nope...no room.....believee me I tried! I looked at that crop you suggested Rachel myself.....I liked it too....wanted to see how others felt about the trees as I generally don't like square crops.....but in this case it may be stronger. Thanks!

Kaustubh Deshpande
06-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Terrific composition Roman. I like how there are three layers(foreground water, the small cascade, the ground) and then there are objects( the tree, dry boulder, wet rock) that tie one layer to the next.

Andrew McLachlan
06-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Roman, another nice river scene. Love the moss/lichen covered boulders. The spring-time forest looks inviting....and then blackfly season begins!

dankearl
06-30-2011, 11:28 PM
The water is about perfect to me. I think the view should be moved right or left, I agree with Rachel about the trunk in the center of the photo.