PDA

View Full Version : Atlas Moth

Roman Kurywczak
06-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Going through some of my slides.....found this Atlas moth from Butterfly World in Florida. Only specs 100% sure of.....Kodak e100VS film. Given my love of f22 or higher.....safe bet there and the twin lights. BG distractions removed in PP'ing. HH for sure as they don't allow tripods.
Saved at 65Q

Steve Maxson
06-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Hi Roman. This is a very nice film conversion. These are cool (and very large) moths - I have yet to see a live one. Nice colors, good sharpness, and I like the diagonal comp and tight crop. As these are night-flying moths, I'm going to give you a pass on the black background. :bg3: Overall, this is very well done.

Daniel Cadieux
06-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Very neat patterns and colours on this guy. Lots of "pop"! I know you like tight crops so I won't mention the fact I find it tight (oops!):S3:

Roman, just a bit more clean-up needed around the wing tip edges, twig and ULC, otherwise I love the black BG.

christopher galeski
06-30-2011, 02:14 AM
nice looking image,agree about removing twig UL,very nice patterns' in the moth.thanks.

Ken Childs
07-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Very nice job with the conversion, Roman! I love the bug....colors look great so nice work with the flash. I'm not in love with the perch but moths don't generally sit on beautiful flowers so this is what you get. I wonder if desaturating the colors of the branch might help....