PDA

View Full Version : Beneath the Roman Colosseum

Rachel Hollander
06-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Took a tour of the Colosseum that included access to the underground area and the third floor. Here's one of the underground area. Although it was midday, there was thick cloud cover and it started to rain shortly after I took this shot.

Canon 7D
16-35 @ 21mm
1/60
f3.5
ISO 400
HH, cropped from horizontal to vertical, s/h, levels, contrast boost, sharpened in CS5

C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks,

Rachel

Roman Kurywczak
06-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Hey Rachel,
I like the way the archways draw you in......so well done comp wise. I do think you can add a bit more black.....so go to selective color and add black to both the neutral channel and black channel.....just a few points and see if that gives you a bit more pop and depth to the image as the underside of the arches looks a bit muddy/hazy. I think this easy tweak will take this up a notch.

Rachel Hollander
06-27-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks Roman, here's a repost with 4% added to each. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Rachel

peter delaney
06-28-2011, 05:37 AM
Hi Rachel

I think you have the makings of very nice image here..just needs a little more TLC in PS

did a quick rework , there is a lot of latent detail within this image , i think you may have over done the S/H tool , shadows and dark areas can add contrast and tonal range so dont always want to remove them..:S3:

Rachel Hollander
06-28-2011, 06:20 AM
Thanks Peter, much appreciated.

Roman Kurywczak
06-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Hey Rachel,
Repost was improvement......and Peter took it up even further with more detail. Good example to try and emulate!

Brendan Dozier
06-29-2011, 01:46 AM
I like how you composed this image, Rachel. Nice perspective, interesting detail, and like the light coming through the arches above. The extra TLC in PP made it stronger.
Nice work!

Andrew Aveley
07-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Composition here is what make this a great image :bg3:. the ps tweaks add to overall image as suggested and shown !

John Ippolito
07-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Excellent composition as stated above. Each iteration of repost shows how much there is to be found in the image. Lovely work, Rachel.