Rented f4.0 500mm
ISO 640
Aperture Priority EVC +2/3
SS 1/80
f 5.6
Comments and critiques always appreciated

noelle zaleski
06-26-2011, 06:18 AM
That is a very pretty little bird Gail! I like the squigly dried vine coming down off the perch :S3:

I would remove the branch coming from his head. The BG seems a bit busy on this one,

And I cannot believe I am going to say this but this little one needs a better HA

gail bisson
06-26-2011, 06:25 AM
Agree about the HA but I still like it!Here is repost with branch cloned out,

noelle zaleski
06-26-2011, 06:36 AM
Good job on the branch out Gail :S3:

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
06-26-2011, 07:23 AM
Love the gripping pose and the small perch, if the head turns a bit toward you this would be perfect a pose. I don't mind the perch coming off the head but would prefer blurring the busy background.

Melissa Groo
06-26-2011, 07:47 AM
I really like the feeling of this one, Gail. I don't mind the BG at all. I love the colors, comp, pose. Yes better HA would have been ideal but it's still a beautiful image worth keeping and treasuring.

Tommy Rodgers
06-26-2011, 09:25 AM
Dran those busy backgrounds. They keep getting behind my images too.The image is so sharp that the separation from the background helps to make this work. I do like it better without the head wood. I always enjoy your images. They are a good lesson in technical skill and artistic composition. Thanks for sharing.

Mitch Carucci
06-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Agree about the HA but I still like it!Here is repost with branch cloned out,

Gail,

Not to be a contrarian, but I don't mind the branch. In fact it looks a bit odd ending so suddenly. What I would like, is for a bit darker background so there is more separation between the bird and the background. But this is a very nice pic, and I know how hard it is to get the little birds.

Mitch

gail bisson
06-26-2011, 02:39 PM
Thank you all for your comments. It is always nice to have differing viewpoints from all of you. I like it when a comment is given that makes me rethink a shot.:S3:
Gail